192.168.0.1 is a very common default IP address for a consumer-grade router ( Normal router which we use in our house or office) .This IP address is used to login the admin panel of a router. After logging in 192.168.0.1 using the correct username and Password , users can make any change in router settings. 192.168.0.l is pre-configured by many router companies as the default gateway address. If you type it this address in your web browser you can easily access the configuration of your router.
How to login & Administration into router 192.168.0.1
You can easily log in to the IP Address 192.168.1.1 for all modems, ADSL modems, and WiFi routers. Your default IP address or host address can be used to access the router and modem configuration.
How to log into IP 192.168.0.1?
You can log in to the IP address through your web browsers. All you need to do is enter https://192.168.0.1 on the search bar which will get to the exact IP address.
Usually, people get through the interface without any problem. However, the majority of people get problems when the interface asks for their password. In this case, you have to enter the correct password to log in and access the IP Address.
How do we use this IP 192.168.0.1?
As we said in the above paragraph, you may enter http://192.168.0.1 on the search bar of your default browser. In case the IP 192.168.0.1 is not the default IP of your modem or router, then you have to find out manually and enter that IP address. After that, you will see your webpage loading. Then, it will display a login field with username and password on your screen. If you log in the first time, you may enter the default username and password from your router or modem.
Router IP lookup of various Devices
- Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Command Prompt or You can press ” Win+ R “
- key and type “CMD” in the box that appears.
- Now you have to enter some text in the “Command Prompt” carefully as we are mentioning.
- Type ” Ipconfig ” and Hit Enter (Without Quotes).
- After that, it will display you, Windows Complete Ip Configuration, Just like Below Image.
- Then Scroll down and find Default Gateway string to find the IP address.
- It should be something like this Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
- C:/Documents and Settings/administrator> Ipconfig | findstr/I “Gateway”
- Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
- The last number starting from 192.168.0.1 is the default gateway (router) IP address.
- The Number can be different for different routers but the process is same for everyone.
Unix and Linux
- First, you need to open the Terminal on your desktop or you can simply search it on the search bar.
- Thereafter, Click on the Applications> System Tools> Terminal.
- Then, you have to enter the command:-
- Ip course | grep default.
- After that, it will display you some commands like this:-
- Temo$ ip course | grep default | default by means of 192.168.0.1 dev eth0 proto static
- Thereafter, you will have your default IP address of the router 192.168.0.1.
- Open the terminal and follow the instructions:-
- Finder> Applications> Utilities> Terminal App.
- As you open the terminal, enter these commands:
- netstat – nr | grep default
- After, you will get the result something like this:
- tmeo$ netstat – nr | grep default default 192.168.0.1 UGSc 50 46 enl.
- Thereafter, you will see 192.168.0.1 as the default IP address of the router.
Most Common Default Router Username & Passwords
|Router Brand||Login IP||Username||Password|
What to do if you don’t remember the router’s username and password?
In case you haven’t altered the username and password.
- You can use the default username and password of the router.
- In this case, you have to find your default username and password in the above list.
- Once you find the default username, you will also get the default password.
- Usually, the default username and password of the router are given on the sticker of your modem or router.
What if have modified the username and password of the router?
- Get to the router reset button.
- Now, you have to reset the router settings to the factory settings.
- Check out the small button or hole around your modem or router with the label “RESET”.
- For resetting router factory to settings, you have to press and hold the button inside the hole for almost 10 -15seconds.
- After few seconds you will notice all the lights in your router will blink couple times.
- After that your router will restart, then Go to your laptop or mobile and open browser.
- In the Browser ‘s URL bar type 192.168.0.1 > and hit Enter.
- After that, you have to enter the default login and password as we mentioned above.
- The factory setting will remove all the configurations from the router or modem. Then, you have to setup again.
- Don’t forget to keep your ISP-provided settings handy in order to get connected to the internet again.
How can you repair or fix the common routers and modem issues by yourself?
Follow the instructions down below to repair the common problems of routers and modems:-
- First of all, you need to restart your router.
- Then, you can keep the Router ON And Check if the problem still persists Or its Fixed. If Not Follow the next points.
- Check if you can connect to the router and to the internet.
- You can check your LED indicator on the router that represents your internet connection.
- If it is blinking.
- It means that your modem is successfully connected to the router.
- Thereafter, you can get through the router configuration setting panel by entering the IP 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
If You are still not able to connect to the Internet than You can visit our router troubleshooting guide
What does it refer to as “No access to 18.104.22.168?
If you are not able to log in to the router after entering the IP address 22.214.171.124. You can follow these three steps to the router menu.
Nowadays, setting up a new router is much easier than configuring the old one. The New WLAN router has already been activated and secured the WLAN.
You can find the password on the small sticker at the bottom of your router. There you will also get your default username.
Now, you enter the default username and password to log into the router.
Three steps to get access to your router:-
- You can use the cable instead of WLAN: If you are not able to log into the router through WLAN with the IP 192.168.1.1, it will be best if you connect your computer and the router with Ethernet.
- Locate the IP address of the router: Open the window command prompt. You can also press the window+ R. There you have to type the cmd and then ok. After that, it will display to you all the installed network adapters including the IP address of your router.
- Type the correct IP address in your browser: You may open your web browser and enter this number, 192.168.0.1 in the address line. Confirm by pressing enter. Don’t go or enter the http:// in front of it. Otherwise, it will show you the error.
Why is router access still not working?
- Due to Firewall: it must be happening due to firewall blocking. You have to verify whether you have a separate firewall or installed it as security. Now, you need to allow IP access as an exception. Otherwise, you have to disable the firewall temporarily.
- Is parental control software installed? You may face another block if you have installed the parental control software. It will deny access to the router interface. Therefore, you have to add the IP address as an exception or disable the software temporarily.
- If the web browser is blocking you: in this case, you have to use another web browser to perform the function.
Frequently Asked Questions & Doubts
How do I find my admin password on my router ?
Look for a sticker on the bottom, back, or top of the router itself. On the sticker attached to the router, you can find the default username and password for the router. Almost every company router has some kind of sticker on which the admin username and password are printed. You can login using that user id and, if needed, change it according to your convenience. Most router makers use admin as a username and admin as a password.
How do I login to my router?
To Access your router’s setting, you can login to your router by , simply opening any web browser on your mobile or laptop. Type in the default IP address like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar , this will bring up the login page for the router. After that just enter your default username ,password and click on login button
To login to a router, open a web browser and type in the IP address of the router. This will bring up the login page for the router. Enter the username and password for the router and click login.
What is DNS?
DNS stands for Domain Name System, which translates human readable domain names (for example, www.wikipedia.org) to machine readable IP addresses (for example, 192.0.2.44). DNS servers helps and make it possible for people to input normal alphabet or letters into their browsers address bar which is translated by DNS Server in to an machine Readable IP address.